A Day in Coney
A Family Day in Coney Island Itinerary
Family days should be spent in locations that provide the best opportunities for bonding, great sights, relaxation, and utter enjoyment. Coney Island is the perfect area in Brooklyn to plan for such an extensive and exciting day with family.
- When arriving in Coney Island the best thing to do is survey the area and get an idea of its layout. What better way to do that then visiting the end pier located at Coney Island’s boardwalk. There, you’ll see an assortment of amusement parks, food and drink districts, swag shops, and large, sandy beaches covering the entire boardwalk from beginning to end.
For Art Lovers:
- Make sure to stop by the Coney Art Walls to view a variety of inspirational, strange, and fantastic paintings.
- These large scale walls act as great backgrounds for individual or group photos!
For Food Cravers:
- Coney Island is stocked with areas to eat to your heart’s content whether it’s in the form of seafood or a frankfurter lined with ketchup.
- Choose from a wide range of different hotdogs and fries at Nathan’s Famous with two locations on Surf Avenue and the boardwalk.
- For a more reserved choice, dine with your family at Wahlburgers with menus that suit the needs of meat eaters and vegetarians alike.
- Stop by the all-American diner Tom’s Coney Island, for a some great food and a relaxing indoor setting.
- Like pizza? Well grab a delicious slice at Pizza On The Run, between Mermaid and Surf Avenue, or Famiglia, located on the boardwalk.
- Lastly, don’t forget to check out Paul’s Daughter for good eats and a signature funnel cake. Yum!
For Swag Lovers:
- Visit Brooklyn Beach Shop for awesome Coney souvenirs such as hats, shirts, pants, shoes, flags, bags, beach gear, posters, trinkets, and many more fun items.
For Sweets & Treats Lovers:
- If you’re a large family looking to stock up on candy, check out It’s Sugar for a huge storage of amazing candy combinations, all likely to cause a sugar rush.
- It’s a must to visit William’s Candy Shop for the most nostalgic and long running sweets shop in Coney Island. Pick and choose from candy apples, marshmallow sticks, marshmallow balls, and many other traditional goodies.
- Look inside Coney’s Cones for some high quality gelato and sorbet.
- Order from Rita’s Italian Ices to enjoy some custard delights and wide flavors of ices.
For Thrill Seekers:
There’s no better way to bond with family than trying your hand at tons of exhilarating rides in Luna Park or Deno’s Wonder Wheel Amusement Park.
Attractions at Luna (Mild):
- Speed Boat
- Mermaid Parade
- B&B Carousell
- Seaside Swing
- Magic Bikes
- Tea Party
- Brooklyn Barge
Attractions at Luna (Moderate):
- Circus Coaster
- Coney Island Hang Glider
- Coney Island Sound
- Lynn’s Trapeze
- Coney Tower
Attractions at Luna (High):
- Air Race
- The Tickler
- Wild River
- Brooklyn Flyer
- Luna 360
- Soarin’ Eagle
- Electro Spin
Attractions at Luna (Extreme):
- Coney Island Cyclone
- Coney Island Raceway
- Sling Shot
Attractions at Deno’s (Kiddie):
- Fire Engines
- Pony Carts
- Dizzy Dragons
- Jumping Motorcycles
- Mini Pirate Ships
- Big Trucks
- Rio Grande Train
- Sea Serpent Roller Coaster
- Tilt a Whirl
- Twist and Shout
- Jump Around
Attractions at Deno’s (Adults):
- Deno’s Wonder Wheel
- Bumper Cars
- Stop The Zombies
For Aquatic Lovers:
- Visit Coney Island’s New York Aquarium and feast your eyes on a huge range of sea life which includes: jellyfish, horseshoe crabs, sharks, stingrays, and plenty more.
- For more aquatic entertainment watch acrobatic stunts and comedic acts performed by the aquarium’s very own trained sea lions.
- To top it off, the aquarium comes with many detours and guides to fill you with any and all knowledge pertaining to sea life.
- For extra swag, keep an eye out for emporiums where plushies, hats, bags, trinkets, and other items can be purchased. Enjoy!